Sunday 25 March 2012

St Expedite Petition

I have created an altar as I am making a petiton to St Expedite.  Although he is not an official catholic saint, he is very popular in hoodoo and he is petitioned when you want a request or something done in a hurry, hence the name.  My request are for two things, one of which is to bring more clients to my Etsy store and my website. 



My altar consists of a picture of st Expedite I have put in a frame, I got from a second hand store, two taliman bags made for me for an christmas present the yellow relecting success and the purple divination.  I have a lucky mojo success candle I bought on Ebay and a purple candle made for me as an Xmas present.  I am burning some incense too, which reflects what I have asked for and the shells and pine cone are an offering.

About St Expedite

 Legend has it that he was a commander of a Roman legion in Armenia who converted to Christianity and he was beheaded by the emperor Diocletian in 303 AD. The name Expeditus was in the Geronimian Martirology since the 5th century. The only facts that seem to be certain are the day (19th April) and the place of his death (Melitene - nowadays Malatya, Turkey). It has been said that very early Catholic priests may have used St. Expedite’s image with his cross and crow in an advertising campaign to warn pagans not to put off until tomorrow the conversion that could be accomplished today.




St. Expedite is invoked in urgent causes and for prompt solutions, especially in the settlement of business and legal proceedings. Many people say he is also a big help to people who wish to overcome obstacles that are in the way of their financial success.
Because Saint Expedite is associated with quick solutions, some people in the computer  field have adopted him as their own patron saint.


Hoodoo
Hoodoo is a form of mainly African-American traditional folk magic and is also known as conjure, it is a tradition of magical practice that developed from of a number of separate cultures and magical traditions. Hoodoo incorporates practices from African and Native American traditions, as well as some European magical practices and grimoires. The goal of hoodoo is to allow people access to supernatural forces to improve their daily lives by gaining power in many areas of life, including luck, money, love, divination, revenge, health, employment, and necromancy. As in many other folk religious, magical, and medical practices, extensive use is made of herbs, minerals, parts of animals' bodies, an individual's possessions, and bodily fluids. Hoodoo and Voodoo are often mistaken for one another, simply put, Voodoo is a religion, whereas Hoodoo is a group of magical

No comments:

Post a Comment