Monday 7 May 2012

Super Full Moon



Known as a perigee moon, the "super moon" appears about 14% larger and 30% brighter than the other full moons of 2012.
Because the moon follows an elliptical orbit around the Earth, its distance from Earth varies. Full moons that occur when the moon is the closest, on the perigee side of its orbit, are particularly big and bright. 

This is what we saw at the weekend, I was lucky enough to take this snapshot from my bedroom window as she was rising the photograph with a basic digital camera does not do what I saw with my own eyes justice.  Her luminosity was beathtaking and I felt near to tears with the beauty of what I was seeing.

I had planned a petition and ritual by my altar for this full moon and didn't even realise it was a super moon until the day before. I had also been handcrafting some wands and decided to put these on the window sill over night so they could be charged with the supermoon's power. I had also made some loose incense and  magickal oil, which I share below.

I watched her progression through the sky and even left my bedroom blind open so her light and beauty illuminated me while I slept. A few words of honouring came into my head that night and I wanted to share them here with you all.

Beloved goddess shining full and bright
a lonesome quest across the sky tonight
Standing sentinal watching in the cold air
illuminating tendrils of clouds; your hair
I honour you, tonight it is my duty
Watching you in your etheral beauty

I said these words out loud to her and I burned some incense in her honour.  In watching her grow, and now wane, it reminds me that we all, like her, have cycles too. 

Full Moon Ritual Incense
3 parts of Peony petals
2 parts of Frankincense
1 part of Rose petals
½ of Orris root powder
A few drops Sandalwood essential oil.
Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container until needed, burn on a charcoal disk.
Goddess Anointing Oil
1/2 tsp dried Yarrow
 1 tsp powdered Myrrh
A few Rose Petals
A few Lavender Petals
3 drops Lavender
2 drops Ylang Ylang
3 drops Pettigrain
1/2 cup base
Almond Oil

Place
all ingredients in a clear glass jar & gently swirl in a clockwise direction. Keep in mind images of the Goddess & visualize her divine power as an aura of white glowing light radiating from your hands into the jar of oil, charging it with magical energy.   Can be used to anoint one prior to rituals, or to anoint tools and candles.

My giveaway

In celebration of this recent event I am having a giveaway of a combined crystal ball, card and pendulum reading which is listed on my etsy.com store. Please click on the link to see


To enter all you need to do is leave a comment.
Blessed Be and good luck )O(


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I love the picture! The words you wrote to honor her, are so touching! Thank you for sharing the full moon incense and the Goddess anointing oil ;o) Many blessings, Stacy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Stacey,
      It is a pleasure to share my experiences and I am glad you enjoyed the post
      Blessed Be )O(

      Delete
  2. Hello stacey, I am closeing the competition and as you enterd you have won so congratulations hon, I will message you via Etsy too so to make sure you know. Although I am booked up with readings and work three days a week inbetween I will do your reading so again congratulations to you.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete